Island Pedals FAQ
How long is each tour?
- Each tour is 60 minutes long. Please call for any special event requests longer than 60 minutes.
Where do we meet for our tour?
- We will meet you or your group at the end of the Boardwalk near the Walter Williams (Plantz) Jetty, 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. This location is adjacent to the Walter Plantz Square at the west end of the boardwalk.
How to get there:
From a cruise ship: Take a 5 minute water taxi right to Walter Plantz Square dock or about a 20-30 minute walk from the port. If you are walking from the cruise ship head out turn left and walk all the way down to the other end of the boardwalk (Furthest from the cruise ship).
From a hotel: Take a taxi to Walter Plantz Square on the west end of the boardwalk.
You can always type "Island Pedals" into Google and it will give you an exact location.
Or message us on WhatsApp at 721-553-5695
You will not miss the Island Pedals Cycle!
Can I bring my own food or beverages?
- Absolutely, you can bring any other additional food or beverages you would like to consume. Glass is not permitted for safety, but there's plenty of room for us to store your stuff.
Are there any height, weight, age restrictions?
- There is a maximum weight limit of 300 pounds for each seat on the bike. The back bench is perfect for those who do not meet these requirements. You must be at least 12 + years of age to ride on the Island Pedals BeerCycle and 18+ to be served beverages. Please ensure to bring a valid ID or driver’s license for proof of age.
How fast does the beer bike go?
- The bike can travel up to 8 km/h or 4 mph
Is there Music on board?
- Yes, we have a bluetooth stereo for a cell phone with your favorite playlist. If you do not bring music, we will play all the hits for you, and have over 2500 songs on our playlist!
Can I/Should I Tip the Driver?
- We would absolutely appreciate it! Tips are NOT included, if you enjoy your tour and experience please show your driver some love and let them know, they're working hard for you!
What is the maximum/minimum size for groups?
- The Island Pedals BeerCycle requires a minimum of 6 passengers to power the bike with a maximum of 15 including the driver. There are only 10 seats that have pedals. 4 riders do not pedal. 4 can sit back and relax or switch it up throughout the tour to get the best of both worlds!
What if it is raining and/or windy the day of the tour?
- The Island Pedals BeerCycle operates tours rain or shine. We will only cancel a tour for extreme weather in which operating is impossible or unsafe, but some of our best tours have been in the rain.
- In cases of cancelation, we will issue a refund or grant a rain check.
Are you a green company?
- We are a 100% Green company that uses foot power to propel the bikes and solar panels to charge all electronic devices aboard the Island Pedals BeerCycle.
Do you offer hotel pickups?
- We currently do not offer hotel pickups, but are working on that. We kindly request that our guests meet us at our meeting point 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
Can we custom build our route?
- We have a start and a finish point with a general route planned out. You are more than welcome to make other stops along the route and we will help make it custom where we can providing we can fit it in within the timelines.
- Questions? Just call, WhatsApp, or e-mail us!
When do I pay for my reservation?
- All bookings must be paid in advance. If you’d like to pay cash, please call or email us to reserve your spot. The majority of our bookings are done through our website with PayPal Invoices. Feel free to call us and book over the phone as well. We also accept reservations through multiple third party vendors like Viator, Expedia, TripAdvisor and multiple cruise lines.
- We may add additional riders to the tour along the route, if there is ample room, and with full payment.
Why do we sign a liability waiver?
- Riding the Island Pedals BeerCycle can be a dangerous activity, just like riding any bike.
- You should have a reasonable expectation that you could possibly fall off and scrape your knee. We have you sign a liability waiver to accept responsibility just in case of an accident.
- Inappropriate behavior will result in early end to your tour and up to a $250 penalty.
- If a single passenger is out of line, they will be dropped off at the nearest stop and required to find their own transportation back to the starting point, and no refund will be provided. Examples include but are not limited to: Obscene or vulgar language that is deem ed offensive by staff, Intoxication levels deemed unsafe by staff, ANY aggressiveness towards staff or other patrons, Public urination, Littering, etc.
Changes and cancellations are allowed up to 72 hours prior to tour commencement without penalty. No-shows and changes or cancellations within 72 hours are subject to a full charge.
- Group Booking:
Changes and cancellations are allowed up to 10 days prior to tour commencement without penalty. Changes or cancellations within 10 days are subject to a $300.00 non-refundable deposit. No-shows and changes or cancellations within 72 hours are subject to a full charge, no exceptions.
The Island Pedals BeerCycle offers a great opportunity for advertising and sponsorship options for your brand or company! These advertising and sponsorship opportunities include full/partial wraps, interior messaging, and interactive marketing such as sampling and giveaways. The Island Pedals Cycle can’t be missed! They do an outstanding job reaching pedestrians, foot traffic and other tourists in the area. Brands and companies receive great exposure in a fun and unique way through our Cycles. If you would like to advertise and learn more about these affordable opportunities for your company, please reach out to us at the email listed below.